GTA leaders including York Region to make joint bid for new Amazon headquarters
Six municipalities in the Greater Toronto Area have banded together in a bid to woo online retailing giant Amazon.com Inc. to set up shop in the region.
Civic leaders from Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Durham Region, Halton Region and York Region have issued a letter pledging a joint bid to be the home of Amazon’s planned second North American headquarters, which the company has dubbed HQ2 and suggests could host 50,000 employees.
- Could Markham or Vaughan land Amazon’s second global HQ? October 26, 2017
- York Region is a great place for Amazon’s HQ2 October 25, 2017
- Canada needs to nurture local tech champions and protect research, says AI pioneer October 11, 2017
- ‘Secret sauce’ is bringing together York Region’s technology firms October 7, 2017
- York region consortium pitches $300 million to support microelectronics supercluster September 15, 2017