Canada’s Densest Tech Hub Attracts R&D Investment from Global Brands – York Region
York Region’s growth does include startup activity, but its defining characteristic as a tech hub is its ability to attract investment from large multi-national companies with headquarters in innovation hubs like Silicon Valley, Beijing, and New York. Technology firms including IBM Corp., Huawei Technologies, and AMD are just a few examples of the region’s “Goldilocks” environment. It’s not too far from Toronto (linked by two major north-south highways), the office space is much cheaper than what’s found in the megacity, and the well-educated worker base can actually afford to buy the real estate near their office – meaning it’s just right.
Full Article: www.itbusiness.ca
- Could Markham or Vaughan land Amazon’s second global HQ? October 26, 2017
- York Region is a great place for Amazon’s HQ2 October 25, 2017
- Canada needs to nurture local tech champions and protect research, says AI pioneer October 11, 2017
- ‘Secret sauce’ is bringing together York Region’s technology firms October 7, 2017
- York region consortium pitches $300 million to support microelectronics supercluster September 15, 2017